Buttered Chicken Curry Recipe
Cooking at a campground, in your Jayco or on the BBQ doesn’t have to be just snags and toasties! Curry is a staple for so many Aussies whether it’s going out to your local restaurant or cooking it up, you don’t have to miss out when you’re on the road!
Enjoy a delicious buttered chicken curry with this super easy recipe.
1 Large Onion
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Chicken Stock
2 Teaspoons of Curry Powder
1 Cup of Milk
100g of Salted Butter
Mixed Frozen Veggies
Spring Onions to Garnish
1. Add the butter to a frying pan and melt.
2. Once the butter has melted, slowly add in 1 cup of flour. Make sure to stir as you go.
3. As the butter and flour begin to thicken, pour the milk into the mixture, make sure you stir it through.
4. Once combined, add the curry powder.
5. To reduce the thickness, add a cup of water to thin it out. Make sure there are no lumps.
6. In a separate pot, add olive oil.
7. Dice the onion and add to the pan.
8. Once the onion is golden brown, add the chicken and mixed veggies.
9. Once mixed through, pour the sauce over the chicken and veggies.
10. Place the lid back on top of the pot, and leave it to simmer for another 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
11. Take it off the heat, let it sit for 2 minutes and serve it up.
Add some rice, and naan to the meal for a full feast.