- 1 loaf of bread of choice
- 6 medium eggs
- Dash of thickened cream
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 500g container of fresh washed strawberries
- Icing Sugar
- Syrup of choice
- Wrap the loaf of bread in baking paper, then in foil loosely so the bread slices fall slightly open.
- Optional, sprinkle a handful of diced strawberries and sliced almonds over the loaf, taking care to sprinkle some between slices.
- Wrap the foil and parchment paper tighter around the loaf of bread and place in a loaf tin. Pour egg mixture evenly over the entire loaf of bread before wrapping tightly with a top piece of foil to ensure no leaks.
- Place over the campfire or grill on low to medium heat for approximately 35-40 minutes, moving around occasionally to cook evenly. If the bread still looks soggy, cook slightly longer.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 mins before serving with sugar, syrup and sliced strawberries.