A Christmas without glazed ham is like a caravan without a doormat—it just doesn’t exist!
All you need for this classic Christmas recipe is a handful of ingredients and your trusty Jayco kitchen or a Weber.
- 1/2 Leg ham, skin on
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced
- 20-30 whole cloves
- 150g fig jam (you could use apricot jam)
- 1tsp grated ginger
- 250ml water
- 100g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- For glaze: In a saucepan mix all ingredients well and bring to the boil. Reduce till sticky
- Remove skin from the ham and put it in a tray. Cover ham with thin slices of orange, pinned in place with whole cloves. Place the ham in the tray, using the skin as a bed
- Bake in a Weber or oven at 180C for 1 hour
- Brush with glaze, and cook for a further 30 minutes, continuing to baste regularly with glaze from pan