Just because you’re on the road for Christmas doesn’t mean you need to skimp on a fancy cooked meal on Christmas Day!
Armed with just a Jayco slide out kitchen, and a Weber, we caught up with chef Andrew Mirosch who took us through this epic Christmas Turkey recipe.
- 250g pork sausage meat
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1tsp crushed garlic
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1tsp chopped fresh garlic chives
- Salt and pepper
- 1 turkey breast, around 1.5kg
- 2 rashers bacon
- 1tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 cups combined chopped onions, carrot and celery
- Vegetable oil
- 4 large potatoes par cooked (boiled)
- 8 baby carrots peeled
- 50g plain flour
- 250ml water
- 100g cranberry sauce + extra to serve
- 4 pieces broccolini
- Mix sausage meat with onion, garlic, zest, half the fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut a slit in the breast and fill with sausage stuffing.
- Using your fingers, free the skin from the breast and fill with stuffing.
- Wrap breast with bacon rashers and sprinkle with dried herbs.
- Put chopped onion, carrot and celery in a baking dish. Toss in a little oil till coated.
- Place breast on top with par boiled potatoes and baby carrots.
- Cook in Weber or oven at 180C for 1 hour
- Remove breast, potatoes and baby carrots. Keep warm.
- Place pan over heat and add flour. Cook until flour is golden.
- Add water and stir well to remove flour lumps. Add cranberry sauce
- Reduce by half or until thick, then strain. Season well and add remaining fresh herbs.
- Meanwhile, cook broccolini.
- Slice turkey and plate with potatoes, baby carrots and broccolini, drizzled with cranberry gravy. Serve with a side of extra gravy and cranberry sauce.